There are many qualities we look for when taking on a new photo shoot location. These are a few of them:
1. Properties in London and the surrounding area tend to be the busiest locations.
2. Room sizes: These must be good to allow people scope in the rooms and allow the photographer to pull back. The larger the room the more versatile it is. The property must have at least three suitable rooms. The most important being a living room, kitchen, main bedroom, bathroom. A good hallway and pretty children’s rooms are also a popular choice.
3. Flooring is important: Floorboards are the most popular feature. In at least the main rooms: living room and main bedroom. For a modern property polished concrete is a popular choice.
4. Period features: In a Victorian/Georgian property period features are a must. Sash windows, fireplaces, floorboards and tall ceilings. If a modern building big windows with lots of light.
5. Décor: There has to be an inspirational feel to the property. The more neutral the paint colours on the wall the more versatile the house will be as it will allow people to stamp their mark on it. A mix of neutral and feature walls are a good idea as they provide more background options.
6. Furniture: Stylish furniture and props always make the locations appealing to prospective clients. Too much clutter is not a good thing.
7. Light: The property must have good natural light to allow people to have the option to shoot in natural daylight.
8. Locations outside London must provide scope internally and externally. There has to be a reason for people to travel so any extra features like a lovely garden, summerhouse, shepherds hut, swimming pool etc are always good features.
If you think you might have a suitable house do send in some images of all suitable rooms to us. Snappy snap photos are fine as long as they give us a good idea of the space and style of the property, then send them through to email@example.com Once they have been seen you will then be informed as to whether the house is suitable for us or not.
Receive our Photoshoot Location Guide by completing the form on the right of this page.
I have a successful location house in London and its all thanks to the wonderful and efficient Light Locations Team. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.
Nicola Morrison, Owner of Lyndhurst Way
Light Locations provide invaluable support to us as a location owner. I don’t know of any other location agency who familiarise themselves with their locations as much as they do. Communication lines are always open and all our needs and queries are always dealt with promptly and efficiently. Quite simply, they are brilliant.
Rose Hammick, Owner of Marmora Road
Walnuts Farm is registered with all the leading London location agencies and we consider Light Locations to be one of the best. We have been on with Light Locations for five years and they have managed to get us some great advertising and editorial jobs. They offer a friendly and efficient service and always negotiate a good deal on our behalf. We always feel really well represented by them, which is so important in this business.
Bella Pringle, Owner of Walnuts Farm
I only recently registered with Light Locations, but the bookings for our house were almost immediate. I believe it makes a huge difference that Sophie personally comes to each property and the service so far has been second to none. Sophie and Madeleine are super efficient and the fact that they're lovely people too is an absolute bonus! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
Deborah Chancellor, Owner of Botley House.
Inside you will find tips to make your property perfect for photo shoots and a guide of what to expect on the day of the shoot.
Please complete the form below to download your copy.