Need any inspiration for some quick, healthy meals? We thought we would start to share some of our favourite receipes with you and this is one of my most favourite things to make which I thought I would share with you! It is so easy to make, tastes delicious and is very healthy! Gluten and dairy free! Great as a quick snack toasted or for lunch with a poached egg on top! The receipe was introduced to me by my sister and comes from a book called ‘I Quit Sugar’ by Sarah Wilson.
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
100 ml almond milk
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
200 g gluten free self raising flour
1 rosemary stalk, pick leaves and finely chop
2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, stalks chopped into 1 cm pieces and heads reserved
1 small (30g) bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves and stalk finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil. Add in the flour, rosemary, thyme, most of the Parmesan (reserving around a quarter to sprinkle on top), salt and pepper, and stir until you have a smooth batter. Stir through the asparagus stalks and parsley stalks and leaves.
3. Scoop mixture in to the prepared loaf tin. Slice asparagus heads in half and push into the top of the loaf. Sprinkle over reserved cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
4. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove from the loaf tin and let cool on a wire rack before slicing.
5. If freezing slice up and put baking paper between the slices so easily accessible when needed!
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.